It was a beautifully warm and sunny Saturday afternoon, and our friends joined us on a 5 mile hike up Horsetooth Rock....minus the warm and the sunny. Mostly it was cloudy and windy, but still a lot of fun. Cooper was with Grandma Sue


Aerial
view
photos
courtesy
of
Horsetooth
Rock
is 7,255 feet high and a few miles west of Ft Collins. Between them, resting in the foothills, is the 6.5 mile Horsetooth Reservoir (above right pic)..... So you can imagine how beautiful the view from the top of the rock was. In our 2.5 mile hike up the rock, we gained 1,500 ft. Needless to say, my legs were sore the next day...... But the hike was awesome and the company great!

Amy found a walking stick

it was. I was scared they were going to break their nails, but fortunately
they didn't. They are great hiking dogs. They came in handy when Amy and I were tired and needed an extra push...or pull up the trail.
I love this picture. Good friends chillin' on top of the world.
the mountain
The top of the rock is only a 15 foot wide ridge. Tim and Amy are on one side and we are on the other.
Like I said.....a beautiful view!
On the way down the trail, I ran into an old friend from high school. She was really sweet and happy to see me. She asked if I was pregnant and touched my belly. At least I could say I just had one.....But I guess I need to go on a few more hikes. : )












2 comments:
amy was walking a dog?!?!? :)
yes jill... i wasn't snuggling with the dog, but i DID have my hand on the leash!
jessica, nice job getting a picture of that! you knew it was a rare occassion.
it was SO much fun. we need to do LOTS more outdoorsy things when it finally stays warm!
Post a Comment