Tuesday, October 7, 2008

CHANGE can be a Great Thing!

BEFORE....
Since becoming a mom, I've been spending a LOT more time at home...and the rust color I picked 3 years ago turned into orange and it's been driving me crazy. I decided I needed a change. Besides, I find painting rather meditating. So, this last weekend, I've been up to my eyeballs in blue tape, primer, paint color #1, paint color #2, paint color #3, and a last minute addition of leftover paint color #4, .... oh, and sawdust, etc etc etc. It was awesome!























...AFTER!

We went with a two-toned scheme. It's hard to tell, but the top color is a light beige (not white)...and a dark brown for the bottom. I really like the look of blacks and browns together. We replaced the artwork, added some trim, and Cameron built me a beautiful shelf for my books (I painted that, too). I absolutely love the final product and the change feels good!

5 comments:

Tess said...

I am impressed! I'm calling on you for ideas when I get a place that I can officially decorate.

Amy said...

It looks wonderful jessica! I'm excited to paint my own place some day....

Candace said...

holy smokes, you have been busy! maybe all those paint fumes are what triggered your crave for batman and robin. . . it looks awesome though!

Tim and Amy said...

OH MY GOSH!!!

You were SO busy last weekend! I absolutely love it all! The pics look awesome! That bookshelf is sweet! Nice job painting guys - you painted a TON! :o) Can't wait to see it in person!

The Brown Life said...

Good Work! Your place looks great. I love painting too, plus with a fresh coat of new paint your home is so much nicer!