So.....
I was cleaning my bathroom one evening, listening to 99.9 The Point on the radio, when the D.J. announces he's giving away the last pair of VIP tickets to see Five for Fighting in an intimite, acoustic and private session at the ultra hip Jay's Bistro in Old Town, F.C.
I thought to myself......hmmm..... that could be fun..... might as well give it a try, since it's the last pair. I waited for him to give the number to call, walked to the kitchen to find my phone and decided I was going to try 3 times and call it good.
Well.... whatta ya know.... on my third and last attempt, I got thru and I WAS THE NINTH CALLER!!!!! I WON THE TICKETS for the following night. :)
I was super excited- mostly because I won something.... and on a effortless whim. Also, since I'm such a concert-going fanatic, it was the perfect prize to win.
I had to find my plus 1 fast!
Here are a few songs they played:
Chances off their new album
and the first song he ever wrote (but I couldn't find it)
The setting was so cool!
Very small and cozy.... there were only about 40 people there total.
Afterward, the singer/songwriter, John Ondrasik, signed autographs and took pictures.
The whole experience was AWESOME!
Taryn made for great company! I was thrilled she could join me on such short notice (about 4 hours before). I've been to many many concerts, but I've never been to one with her.
Since Jay's is very nice... which means lots of money for very little (but fabulous looking) food..... we opted to enjoy the beautiful evening in Old Town and get dinner elsewhere.


Afterward, we chilled at Mugs coffee shop for a little while and chatted.... and then called it a (fabulous) evening. Thanks Taryn, I had a ton of fun and lots of laughs :D












1 comment:
that looks like it was tons of fun and a really chill enjoyable time. super cute pics of you girls!
Post a Comment