My partner in crime had been raving about this Denver venue I had yet to experience.
So I was stoked when Joshua Radin was performing there! The Watson Twins opened for him (super friendly girls). Jessica Stavely-Taylor is an English singer/songwriter who opened for The Watson Twins and was the accompanying vocalist for Joshua Radin. Very talented! Unfortuanly we missed her set because we were enjoying the company of my Aunt Connie and Uncle John too much. They live close the venue and gave us a place for Amber and I to meet and park. They also fed us very delicious turkey sandwiches. Thank you guys for the last minute accommodations. You are the bestest!!!
Anyway...
My favorite song of the night was actually my favorite song of his. Not just because of the song itself, but the way he performed it. If I remember correctly, he sang this song away from the mic for a bit....I don't know- I was in a bit of a haze with the beauty and power of it all. The song title is No Envy No Fear (<--check it out). The recorded version doesn't give the live version justice, though. It's an experience you'll have to have for your own.






No comments:
Post a Comment