Sunday, July 19, 2009

Spring is in the Summer Air

While most people look to the West towards the mountains and beautiful sunsets....
I look to the East and find some great weather shots.
As most of you know, Colorado's summer got a late start. It's been rainy and cooler than usual.
I'm not complaining.... I've been loving it. Especially with these shots I've collected in the last month or so.

Unmodified.....

weather 002
I was driving home late from an after-party-after-kickball-game, and in the East was a huge thunderstorm. The kind where there is no rain and you can't really hear anything..... just constant lightning. I mean CONSTANT.....bolt after bolt that lit up these clouds. I pulled over and set my camera's shutter speed to stay open extra long, and this is what I got.
rainbows
This one was taken one evening outside our front door. It was a full rainbow that didn't fit inside my camera frame. It was even a double rainbow for a little while....you can kinda see the second one to the right.
more tree 001
This one was also taken in the field outside our home, during the weeks we were getting all the rain. Something was brewing here.

2 comments:

Chelsea Ellingson said...

This weather has been crazy! Last night there was an amazing thunder storm, GIANT lightnint, it was incredible. I went outside with my camera, but had no luck. The lightning was hitting in every direction I wasn't shooting. And by the way, that first shot is INCREDIBLE. Seriously, I goggled at it for a good minute or so. Have you sold any of your stuff ever?

Tim and Amy said...

fabulous pics! i agree, its been gorgeous! we had quite the lightning show last night as well!