Cooper was born at 1:11 AM this day, one year ago. Last night, as the clock was rolling around to that time, I was lying wide awake in bed having a sentimental moment. I couldn't believe 1 year had gone by so fast. As I watched the clock hit 1:11, I tried really hard not to remember "the process" of it all, and instead focused on the memory of the first moment I heard Cooper cry. I closed my eyes tight, and rememberd the happy/tearful/giddy/laughing/overly-drugged-up feeling I had when Cooper was removed from my belly and he cried for the first time. I opened my eyes, and walked into his room to stroke back his hair and wish him a happy birthday. I held him for a little while as he put his head on my shoulder. With his binky in his mouth and his adorable glazed-over tired eyes, I gave him an eskimo kiss and told him to not grow up too fast. I soaked up that moment in his barely lit room and in the wee hour of the quiet night....*sigh*..........and then I changed his poopy diaper...haha.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
...this time last year
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Holy Balls time flies. Happy B-Day Coopdogg. DAD
such a cute post. love the 'perfect' ending too! haha.
c ya in a couple hours!
Post a Comment