Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ari Hest @ Soiled Dove Underground

Ari Hest 4109 014

Can I just start off by saying how awesome the name of the concert venue is... Soiled Dove!!!! Hahaha..... sounds like something Cameron would come up with. Anyway, this venue is sweeeet. The intimate setting is very hip and swanky, with amazing AMAZING acoustics.

Ari Hest 4109 008 Ari Hest 4109 009

Ari Hest 4109 004

My friend Nathan introduced me to the music of singer/songwriter, Ari Hest. He's extremely talented in all areas of his craft. He's a genuine writer who spits out great songs left and right. His live performances are awesome, and his voice is very soulful and pure (like butter.... haha)

Ari Hest 4109 007

Ari Hest 4109 001

He's an independent artist currently touring to promote his newest album, Twelve Mondays. On it are the 12 most voted songs from his 52 project, in which he released a new, original song every week for the year 2008. That's ambitious!!!!..... and the measure of a true artist in my book.

Some of my favorites come from his previous albums. Here are some YouTube clips:

Strangers Again (I waited and waited for him to play this song, but clearly he has many songs to choose from... unfortunately, this one didn't make the cut. oh well)

I've Got You (I love his falsetto!!! This song shows it off... about 2 mins in. He explained that he wrote this song about Norah Jones, whom he's "secretly" in love with, one day hoping she'll duet this song.... interesting insight I didn't know ~ which now that I think about it, the last half of the song is primarily falsetto/female range. hmmm?)

Hallelujah (a cover of one of my all time favorites)

Dead End Driving (New) I SHOT THIS VIDEO MYSELF!!! :)

Ari Hest 4109 010

HE IS TALL! I think I was on my tippy toes

3 comments:

The Yarbrough Clan said...

I love it!

dusty and meag said...

jess, your photography skills are mad! you are awesome...we are coming home in august and would love to have you take some pictures. what would you charge? seriously!!!! let me know. You look great and Cooper is super cute!

ladybugLoUCKs said...

Thanks Meag! oooh, I'm excited you are coming home! I would love to take pictures for you. I charge a big hug and a long catch-up conversation.... but definately NO MONEY!!! Mostly because I can't guarantee anything will turn out :) Lets make it a trade= pictures for you/ practice for me