I went to a Brandi Carlile concert with my friend Heather and her husband Phaeton (and some of their friends). She put on an AWESOME perfomance with her band (the twins and the cello player)!!!!! She knows how to connect with her audience and
the people of Fort Collins LOVED HER!!!
It was at this old venue, The Aggie, in Old Town.....
.... so old, in fact, that part of the ceiling caved in due to the heavy rain! I'm not kidding. What you see in the pictures above are firemen clearing the spot where another part of the ceiling was "about" to cave in..... but it never did. It was great actually.... everyone around me panicked and moved out of the way. I just stood there, not too worried, and moved up to a better spot!!!
(a raised section, next to a railing, with an un-obstructed view) The taped-off section was right behind me, and so it never felt too crowded. The whole ceiling "fiasco" didn't stop the show for a second.... and everyone was cracking jokes about how
they "brought the roof down".... ha ha ha :)
Her music genre is alternative country/ folk/ rock.... and her performance was all acoustic!
Plus, I LOVE THE CELLO!!!!
It was a su-weeeeeeet show
and I met some pretty interesting people standing next to me. To my right, a daughter and a breast cancer survivor mother who frequent Brandi's concerts as a bonding experience.... to my left, an old high school friend of my uncle-in-law's (small world)
Here are some links to a couple of her songs:
At the request of her audience, she sang the best live version of Hallelujah I ever heard.... well, actually, the only "live" version I ever heard, but it gave me serious goosebumps and brought a few tears to my eyes. It's my favorite song and I've heard many Hallelujah covers, but this one I'll remember forever! When she finished the song, I really really wanted her to sing it again.
Awesome Night!














No comments:
Post a Comment