Thursday, September 17, 2009

ITALY: Final Day 14 Drive thru Toscana

Sniff:: Sniff::
Goodbye Siena....... I'll come back to you some day......
Well..... off to hit the Tuscan road in my Fiat friend and spend the day making my way thru beauty. Final destination Roma airport..... home.
Walk To Parking Lot- Siena
This was my walk to the parking lot. Officially my last picture of my favorite stop on my Italian adventure..... bittersweet.
Fiat Friend
Let me introduce you to Fiat.... now sit back, relax and enjoy the view......
Here Kitty.....
Trying to Find Famous Tuscan Landscapes
Left My Farm Lingo at Home- Plow Maybe
Tuscan Vineyard 4
I Want a Driveway Like This!(L)
Over the Hill and to Tuscany
Tuscan Tree Wall Lunch on Top of Fiat
I packed a picnic lunch before leaving Siena. When I couldn't handle the hunger anymore, I pulled over, climbed on top of Fiat and enjoyed my lunch almost as much as the gorgeous peaceful quiet view....... *sigh*

Tuscan Vineyard 6(s) Mom- Where Does Wine Come From?(s)
I ended up stopping in Montepulciano to stretch my legs, explore a bit..... and eat some more. I was still hungry :)
Montepulciano
This hill town is major MAJOR wine town.
Wine Town
More Perty
Good Tunes, Good View, Montepulciano
Took a break to sit, ponder, listen to good tunes, bask more in the incredible beauty of Tuscan landscapes.... sat some more..... took a picture to prove I was there.
Here is a shot of the view you can't really see in the picture of me....
View From Montepulciano
Perty
Wine Cellar 2
Walked back to my car and discovered a little bit of home....
A Bit of Home in Montepulciano
Proceeded to drive the windy roads, all windows down of course, and music jamming thru my ear buds since there was no ipod connection in Fiat. Note to self- upgrade next time :)
Tuscan Vineyard 3
What do you think?.... Did he fit?.......
Will it Fit?
Here are some of the last pictures I took of my adventure.....
Tuscan Vineyard 2
Tuscan Vineyard 1
The drive was incredible and totally worth the outrageous rental fee. It was an experience I wanted, and an experience I got. Priceless in my book. Gratitude in my book too!

Not a better way to wrap up my long time dream vacation.

Thank you Italy for your beauty! Thank you mom for all your help with Cooper. Thank you boss for the time off. Thank you blog readers for your patience with my slow as snot posting.

Ciao!

1 comment:

Tim and Amy said...

amazing amazing amazing pics! makes me want to go back... and take a drive in the country!

and looks like you had a crazy busy weekend of posting! nice work. great to have documented now! one less thing you have to do! :o)